RECIPES TO MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD
The food you put into your body can determine how you feel. That’s why it’s so important to make sure that you’re fueling your body with stuff that will help you feel great. Today we’re going to share some recipes that will help you feel good!
KALE AND BRUSSELS SPROUT SALAD
Not only is this salad packed full of superfoods like kale, it also has plenty of greens and protein to help you feel fueled up and ready to go! Substitute the dressing if you’re not a fan of honey mustard.
- 6 cups kale, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh brussel sprouts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat honey mustard dressing
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Make sure that all of your vegetables are washed prior to cooking.
- Toss all ingredients together and enjoy! Customize to your liking, such as adding chicken, bacon, chickpeas, etc.
If you want a delicious dinner that’s packed full of omega-3 fatty acids and delicious herbs, try your hand at making this garlic salmon! This is a perfect meal prep recipe, too.
- 1 ½ lbs salmon filet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sprig fresh dill, chopped
- 5 slices lemon
- 5 sprigs fresh dill weed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray two large pieces of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- On one piece of the aluminum foil, place the salmon filet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and chopped dill. Place lemon slices evenly on top of the filet, then place dill weed sprigs on top. Sprinkle green onions over top.
- Tent the second piece of aluminum foil over the salmon, pinching and rolling the edges of the two separate sheets. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake the salmon for 20-25 minutes, or until it flakes easily. Enjoy!
GREEN GOODNESS SMOOTHIE
If you want to start your morning off right, or a way to satisfy a late night sweet tooth, try this green goodness smoothie! You can also freeze any extras for later use.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup honey Greek yogurt
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- Blend together, and enjoy! To freeze, place in a freezer-safe plastic baggie.
For more great recipes, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!